Details for NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DESIGN APPROVAL P.
NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DESIGN APPROVAL P. I. 731048- NH000-0035-01(033) ROCKDALE COUNTY Notice is hereby given in compliance with Georgia Code 22-2-109 and 32-3-5 that the Georgia Department of Transportation has approved the Location and Design of this project. The date of location and design approval is: March 24, 2021 The project proposes to replace the existing diamond interchange at SR 138/SR 20 over I-20 with a new single point interchange configuration. The project is located 100% in Rockdale County, located within Land District 16 and Georgias General Militia District (GMD) 476. A portion of the project is located within the City of Conyers. The total length of project is approximately 0.53 mile along SR 138/SR 20 beginning 1700 feet south of the eastbound I-20 interchange ramps and ending approximately 800 feet north of the westbound I-20 interchange ramps. Along I-20, the project begins approximately 2400 feet west of the existing SR138/SR20 interchange ramp and ends approximately 5800 feet east of the existing SR 138/SR 20 interchange ramp. The proposed project consists of reconstructing the existing six lane bridge for SR 138/SR 20 over I-20 with a new two-span eight lane bridge that spans both I-20 and the new westbound access ramp from Dogwood Drive. The new bridge will consist of four through lanes with exclusive dual-left turn lanes in each direction. A raised sidewalk is also provided along both sides of the bridge. Improvements are also proposed for Dogwood Drive on the north side of the interchange, including a proposed single lane roundabout at the intersection of Dogwood Drive and the western entrance to Conyers Plaza. Additional improvements include a new slip ramp from the Dogwood Drive roundabout that would provide direct access to I-20 westbound. The slip ramp would require a grade separation with the I-20 westbound off ramp to SR 138/SR 20 and travel under the new SR 138/SR 20 bridge before merging with the westbound on ramp from SR 138/SR 20. Drawings or maps or plats of the proposed project, as approved, are on file and are available for public inspection at the Georgia Department of Transportation: Chris N. Woods, Area Manager District 7, Area 1 email@example.com 5025 New Peachtree Road Chamblee, GA 30341 770-216-3810 Any interested party may obtain a copy of the drawings or maps or plats or portions thereof by paying a nominal fee and requesting in writing to: Kimberly Nesbitt Office of Program Delivery Attn: Gabrielle Williams firstname.lastname@example.org 600 West Peachtree St NW Atlanta, GA 30308 404-347-0607 Any written request or communication in reference to this project or notice SHOULD include the Project and P. I. Numbers as noted at the top of this notice. 928-31440 3/31 4/7 14 21 2021
- Why Mars? The fascination with exploring the red planet
- What to make of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause? Dr. Wen, who got J&J herself, says not to worry
- 5 things to know for April 15: Covid, White House, voter suppression, Russia, China
- Good morning! It's Thursday, April 15, 2021.
- Fauci says this is a pause and not a cancellation of the J&J vaccine. Here's how long a final decision may take
- Rockdale County Sheriff's deputies find chop shop at house in Conyers
- DMX, rapper and actor, dies at 50
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Counterfeit fentanyl pills spark cluster of overdoses in Georgia
- When should you get the vaccine if you have had Covid-19? Dr. Wen explains
- Spring Lake Terrace shooting suspect arrested
- Groundbreaking held for Phase II of Sigman Road widening project
- Mass vaccine site to open in Newton next week
- Atlanta attorney Jen Jordan announces run for Georgia attorney general
- If you care, leave them there
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.