CONYERS - The Conyers Garden Club is proud to have received several awards for their work in the Conyers/Rockdale Community for 2018 at the annual DeKalb County Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. Awards Luncheon held at Callanwolde Courtyard on April 25.
The club was presented with the following awards:
• First Place Oakhurst GC Yearbook Award for best yearbook for the club having 20 members or less.
• First Place for Horticulture Study/Activity presented by President Gale Thomas.
• First Place Special Achievement Award for outstanding achievement in any garden club activity not provided for in another award.
• Second Place Achievement in Design presented by Susan Turner for promoting the study of floral arranging.
• Second Place National Garden Week Award for best overall promotion of National Garden Week.
• Second Place Jackie Payne Gavel Award for submitting the most entries in the Federation awards program for the current awards year.
• Certificate for Standard of Achievement
The club also received 2nd place for GC Yearbook at the Garden Club State Convention held in Macon.
The Conyers Garden Club is proud to serve the community and strives to promote the love of gardening and education as well as civic and environmental responsibility.