Newton’s Hayden Pearson turned in her best pitching performance of the season in a 4-0 victory over Archer earlier this month. The sophomore tossed seven innings of six-hit, no-run ball while striking out three. Pearson’s victory in the circle against the Tigers marked the first in program history against Archer. Pearson is 9-4 on the season with a 2.84 ERA in 76.1 innings.
- Pennsylvania school district reverses ban on books by authors of color after students fought back
- 'The Guilty' dials up Jake Gyllenhaal as a 911 operator on a very bad day
- Former Louisiana State Police officer indicted on federal charge for allegedly beating a Black man with a flashlight
- Illinois coroner identifies body as missing graduate student Jelani Day
- 17-year-old charged in murder of Conyers man
- This is the city hit hardest by extreme poverty in Georgia
- Porterdale man, Social Circle man among 7 arrested during GBI investigation into child pornography
- New Eastside High will open in summer 2022
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Newborn man Trea Johnson convicted in 2018 murder
- Covington Police Department arrests two suspects in rash of entering auto incidents
- K-9 Officer Tom-Tom's death under investigation
- RECIPE: Poor Man's Apple Cobbler
- Three new physicians join Piedmont as Piedmont Physicians at Hospital Drive
- HEALTH: Is there still a case for calcium supplements?
POLL: With just 2 weeks remaining in regular season play, how long will it take the Atlanta Braves to clinch the NL East?
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.