Newton’s Hayden Pearson turned in her best pitching performance of the season in a 4-0 victory over Archer earlier this month. The sophomore tossed seven innings of six-hit, no-run ball while striking out three. Pearson’s victory in the circle against the Tigers marked the first in program history against Archer. Pearson is 9-4 on the season with a 2.84 ERA in 76.1 innings.
A 2017 graduate of the University of North Georgia, Colin joined the Rockdale/Newton Citizen in March of 2018 as the papers' full-time sports editor. A 2013 graduate of Jackson County High School, Colin received a golf scholarship to Andrew College.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- HEALTH: Seek neurologist's help for involuntary mouth movements
- 9 cases of Covid-19 reported at a Georgia school seen in photo of a crowded hallway, report says
- Atlanta Falcons sign Cairo native J.J. Wilcox to boost secondary
- Portland Police declare a riot after people tried to start a fire at police office
- Frances Allen, pioneering computer scientist, is dead at the age of 88
- Newton County to begin school year with virtual instruction; new start date for students
- Four Conyers teens facing charges after drive-by shooting in Covington
- Rockdale awards contract for roundabout construction
- Newton Recreation Department director Ternard Turner resigns, effective immediately
- Rockdale County Public Schools postpone all fall sports to second semester
- 192 dogs rescued from home in Butts County
- Georgia High School Association cancels football scrimmages, delays cheerleading schedule
- Concerns expressed about proposed townhouse development on Gees Mill Road
- America's oldest investigator Jack Simpson dies at the age of 96
- Newton County Jail Blotter
This is not a scientific poll – results reflect only the opinions of those voting.