Following 2020 when pandemic concerns led to a virtual Memorial Day ceremony and the outright cancellation of the Veterans Day ceremony at the Walk of Heroes/Veterans War Memorial, 2021 saw a large crowd of both young and old attend the Memorial Day ceremony at the site, located adjacent to Black Shoals Park.
I've worked in community newspapers for 30 years, including Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999. Started at Rockdale Citizen/Newton Citizen in January 2016. Started as Senior Reporter at the Jackson Progress-Argus in December 2019.
- Avril Lavigne partners with real-life 'Sk8er boi' Tony Hawk in TikTok debut
- Rainforests are under siege. Here's what you should know.
- The campaign to #FreeBritney sparked pop culture's biggest mystery. Will she give fans the answers in court?
- 5 things to know for June 22: Covid-19, NCAA, White House, New York, Belarus
- Living with a short sleep gene: 'It's a gift'
- Georgia may be next in line for insurance billing paybacks
- HEALTH: Colonoscopy is still the best screening test for colon cancer
- Lawsuit, design changes stall Newton County convenience store permit
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Rockdale County transportation director excited for start of transit master plan
- Washington wins Probate Court judgeship race
- Home invasion suspect sought by Conyers Police
- Columbus couple indicted on CARES Act fraud charges
- Newton County Jail Blotter
- Newton breaks ground on tower for new E-911 communications system
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.