This Stacker slideshow showcases some of the most prominent African American writers in history who’ve had impacts that reached far beyond the page. Some of the esteemed authors include James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston, Toni Morrison, Frederick Douglass, Maya Angelou, and others.
50 Black writers whose impact went beyond the page
Toni Cade Bambara
James Weldon Johnson
Ida B. Wells
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Mary Church Terrell
Frank Marshall Davis
William Wells Brown
Booker T. Washington
Zora Neale Hurston
Martin Luther King Jr.
Jessie Redmon Fauset
- Trump alum, social conservatives launch effort to kill election reform bill
- Marvel releases catchy 'Agatha All Along' song from 'WandaVision'
- More than 160 Confederate symbols came down in 2020, SPLC says
- FDA says Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine meets requirements for emergency use authorization
- DECAL seeking applications for Georgia’s Pre-K Teachers of the Year
- Newton County's embattled coroner asks county to pay her legal fees
- Walton County woman charged with setting her house on fire
- Conyers adopts ordinance prohibiting urban camping
- Covington City Council approves amendment allowing 275 townhomes at Covington Town Center
- Man kills wife then shoots Dallas officers who responded to call, police chief says
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Coroner hires attorney, asks Newton County to pay legal fees
- Jail fees charged to city of Conyers to increase
- Georgia teachers likely next in line to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Chemicals in plastics damage babies' brains and must be banned immediately, expert group says
After you bake a pan of brownies and cut them, which piece is the best piece to get? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.