Lucile Usher McCollum of Covington will celebrate her 100th birthday on April 5. She is pictured here with one of her 12 children, Luvenia Stroud of Ellenwood. She was born in the Ola Community in Henry County on April 5, 1915. In 1923, she married John McCollum. The couple moved to the Kellytown area, and raised their 12 children — seven boys and five girls. Her husband and seven of her children have passed away. Lucile is a member of Kelly Chapel Baptist Church, where she has served on various auxiliaries. She contributes her longevity to her total faith in God. She will celebrate with family and friends at a special birthday dinner celebration.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- GLAAD criticizes FDA ban on blood and plasma donations from gay and bisexual men during coronavirus pandemic
- A man was showing symptoms of coronavirus, but came to the hospital to see his partner give birth
- A Facebook group matches RVs that are sitting idle with health care workers who need a place to isolate after long hospital shifts
- FDA calls for heartburn drug Zantac to be pulled from market immediately
- HEALTH: Balancing chronic pain needs and risks of opioid prescription
- Conyers, Rockdale 14-day mandatory shelter in place beginning March 26
- Covington, Newton County adopt mandatory shelter in place, no public gatherings, and closing of non-essential businesses
- Early data show average age of Georgia deaths from virus much lower than global figure
- Covington man dies as a result of multiple gunshots
- Conyers orders shelter in place, closure of non-essential businesses, and prohibits gatherings
- South Carolina man captured after shooting, high speed chase
- Newton County Jail Blotter
- Georgia's COVID-19 case total now at 1,097; 38 Georgians have died so far
- Drive-through COVID-19 testing site not open to the general public
- My roommates and I built a coronavirus plan. We didn't expect to need to put it in action so quickly