A proclamation declaring October 11, 2021 as “Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR 100 years in Rockdale County Day” was read by Commissioner Dr. Doreen Williams and approved on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at the Rockdale County Board of Commissioners meeting. Chapter members present were (left to right) Dr. Williams, Alma Ruth Byrd, Becky Rostron, Regent Janet Skelton, Vice-Regent Sara Frances Hall, and Cynthia Overcash.
I've worked in community newspapers for 30 years, including Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999. Started at Rockdale Citizen/Newton Citizen in January 2016. Started as Senior Reporter at the Jackson Progress-Argus in December 2019.
- 11-month-old girl in critical condition after she was shot in face, caught in crossfire in the Bronx
- US Navy warship challenges Chinese territorial claims in the South China Sea
- Former Miami Police Chief Art Acevedo sues city, claiming he was fired for being whistleblower
- First contactless aid flights arrive in disaster-hit Tonga as islands aim to keep Covid-19 out
- How 'The Amazing Race' handled its return on screen after covid pit stop
- Pair of teens missing since Christmas Eve found in Florida
- Rockdale Sheriff's Office HEAT grant suspended
- Newton County notified of pending race discrimination lawsuit by former county manager Lloyd Kerr
- Rockdale Sheriff Levett: HEAT grant to be reinstated
- Warming shelter open in Rockdale
- Rockdale, Newton report few problems from winter storm
- CEO of MARTA, Atlanta transportation service, dies by suicide
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Newton County Jail Blotter
- Rivian meeting draws residents seeking answers
January is the beginning of a new year and the perfect time to start the year celebrating National Blood Donor Month.
Due to increased seasonal illnesses during the winter months and inclement weather conditions, donations of blood and platelets decline, and demand increases. The American Red Ross encourages everyone can donate to continue their donations or for those who have never donated, to make an appointment. Blood donation is safer than ever before and saves lives. Millions of people including cancer patients, organ recipients, and victims of accidents rely on blood donations from people like you and me.
To find the closest location to donate blood, go to www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.