Notice is hereby given that, due to the current locally, state and national declared public health emergency, the Mayor and Council of the City of Covington will hold an emergency meeting at 6 p.m. on March 19, 2020. The subject expected to be considered at the meeting is a resolution concerning sheltering in place, gatherings of more than 10 people and providing certain emergency relief to restaurants. Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference and video access. The public may access this meeting by calling 1-929-205- 6099 US (New York) Meeting ID: 302 427 896.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Churches hold Palm Sunday services despite state bans on gatherings
- State’s first nurse to die of COVID-19 worked at Piedmont Henry, employees say
- India observes nationwide candlelight vigil in a show of solidarity in the fight against coronavirus
- Georgia has now had 6,742 COVID-19 cases, 219 deaths
- First responders throw a personal parade for kids whose birthday parties were canceled due to coronavirus
- Early data show average age of Georgia deaths from virus much lower than global figure
- Rockdale County Sheriff Eric Levett being tested for COVID-19
- Governor Kemp's shelter in place order overrides local orders
- Covington Police Department arrests Quintarius Manning in connection with Saturday murder
- Conyers, Rockdale 14-day mandatory shelter in place beginning March 26
- Newton County Sheriff's Office looking for suspect in stolen check case
- Man killed in ATV accident in Covington
- Newton County to make improvements at Kirkland and Jack Neely roads intersection
- Covington man dies as a result of multiple gunshots
- Rockdale County Sheriff Eric Levett tests positive for COVID-19