CONYERS - Rockdale County Public Schools will hold Open House nights during October and November for the 2019-20 School Specialty and Choice programs.
Students and families interested in applying to a program are strongly encouraged to attend that program’s Open House night before filling out the online applications.
The application window for all programs is Nov. 16 through Dec. 21.
The application can be found at www.rockdaleschools.org/specialtyandchoice.
Students may apply for specialty programs outside of their assigned neighborhood school zone.
Non-traditional programs such as Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology, Rockdale Career Academy, Rockdale Open Campus and Rockdale Virtual Campus are not included in this application process and have separate applications and deadlines.
The RCPS School Specialty and Choice Program Open House nights are as follows:
- General Ray Davis Middle School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts (sixth-eighth grade), Oct. 9, 5-7 p.m.
- Conyers Middle School, Center for Technology & Engineering/Aerospace (sixth-eighth grade), Oct. 25, 5-7 p.m.
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology* (ninth grade), Oct. 29, 6-7:30 p.m. students from Davis and Edwards Middle Schools.
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology* (ninth grade), Oct. 30, 6-7:30 p.m. students from Conyers and Memorial Middle Schools.
- Rockdale County High School, Institute of Advanced Technology (ninth grade), Oct. 30, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Memorial Middle School, STEM Academy for Environmental Studies (sixth grade), Nov. 1, 6-7 p.m.
- Edwards Middle School, Pre-Medical Science (sixth-eighth grade), Nov. 7, 5-7 p.m.
- Open Campus*, non-traditional high school (Students may apply after two years of high school and a minimum of five credits), Nov. 8, 5 p.m.
- Heritage High School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts, Nov. 8, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Salem High School, International Entertainment and Business Leadership Academy, Nov. 14, 6-7 p.m.
- Rockdale Career Academy*, Jan.24, 2019, 5-8 p.m.
*Non-traditional program with separate application and deadline.