Mayor Vince Evans and the Conyers City Council dedicated a stretch of Milstead Ave. in the city limits as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Avenue on Dr. King’s birthday, Friday, Jan. 15. At its Dec. 16 meeting, the Conyers City Council approved a resolution dedicating Milstead Avenue, beginning at the intersection of Ga. Highway 20 NE heading southwest until it terminates at Main Street NE, in memory of the late civil rights activist. Taking part in the dedication were (left to right): Mayor Vince Evans and council members Connie Alsobrook, Cleveland “Coach” Stroud, and Valyncia Smith. Council member Gerald Hinesley was out of town.
Born and raised in Decatur, Ga. Graduated from Shorter College in Rome, Ga. in 1979 with B.A. in Communications. Worked in community newspapers for 26 years. Started at Rockdale Citizen/Newton Citizen in January 2016.
- Pancake puffs make a sweet treat at any time of the day
- ELDER: The Lord is able to make us new
- City of Covington to get first Starbucks
- Standard time measure clears Georgia State Senate
- Reversal of Earth's magnetic poles may have triggered Neanderthal extinction -- and it could happen again
- Teen girl shot at party Saturday night
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Newton Solid Waste Authority increases landfill, convenience center fees
- Ban on defunding police in Georgia clears State House
- One man charged in Valentine's Day shooting
President Biden has been in office for over a month now. How do you think he has been handling his job so far? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.