Rockdale Healthcare Center residents and staff have missed their normal facility activities since COVID-19 restrictions were put into place in March. Facility Administrator Herbert Patton and Community Relations representative Christina Thompson with Brightmoor Hospice worked together to plan a mobile petting zoo to provide residents and staff a break from the reality of the global pandemic. Lozano Mobile Petting Zoo from Winder provided the animals for a petting zoo event that was held on Thursday, Oct. 1. Everyone especially loved “Kiki” the miniature llama and “Buttons” one of several miniature goats. COVID-19 and social distancing protocols were observed by all.
I have been editor of the Rockdale Citizen since 1996 and editor of the Newton Citizen since it began publication in 2004. I am also currently executive editor of the Clayton News Daily, Henry Daily Herald and Jackson Progress-Argus.
- Lawrence, No. 3 Clemson pound Pitt
- Michigan State hands No. 8 Northwestern its first defeat
- In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020. And women have been impacted most
- Backup QB leads Boston College past Louisville
- An Oregon mink farm has reported a Covid-19 outbreak
- Baggett expresses concern about lack of respect for police; Cotton says nonviolent offenders may soon find themselves in jail
- Georgia high school teacher, coach charged in sexual assault of a student
- Students, staff members at Veterans Memorial under quarantine
- Man broke into Alabama Circle K; drank milk, ate protein bars before getting caught while smoking a cigarette
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp makes record-breaking announcement at Bridgestone in Covington
- Four locals named to Atlanta Tipoff Club's All-Metro Watch List
- Gary Washington appointed associate judge of Rockdale Probate Court
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Increased demand for hygiene products prompts expansion at FiberVisions in Covington
- Conyers resident Victoria Zember signs with No. 1-ranked Auburn University equestrian team
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.