The tornado warning for west central Rockdale, southwestern DeKalb, northwestern Henry and northeastern Clayton counties has expired, according to the National Weather Service. Here is a statement from the NWS: The storm that prompted the warning has weakened below severe limits and no longer appears capable of producing a tornado. Therefore, the warning will be allowed to expire. However, gusty winds are still possible with this storm.
I have been editor of the Rockdale Citizen since 1996 and editor of the Newton Citizen since it began publication in 2004. I am also currently executive editor of the Clayton News Daily, Henry Daily Herald and Jackson Progress-Argus.
- Woman foils alleged attempted kidnapping
- Shooting suspect caught after multi-county chase
- Undercover deputy stops assault
- School officials: 28 students sick after eating candy, snacks at metro-Atlanta middle school
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Federal income tax 101
- Two charged in connection with tire dumping in Rockdale
- Geoff Collins coming to BOC meeting Tuesday night
- Rockdale County Police Blotter
- Poker-playing pals in Conyers come to aid of brain tumor survivor
- Man charged with trafficking heroin after traffic stop
Find a local business