Coaches and players at Rockdale Youth Soccer Association recently accepted a $1,500 donation from Osei and Diane Adoma of H & R Block of Conyers to help reduce the health-related problems that arise from youth obesity. The Adomas sought partnerships with local youth athletic associations to reduce the cost of registration fees, which includes uniforms and equipment, especially for disadvantaged youths. Similar donations were presented to Rockdale Youth Baseball Association and Rockdale Youth Football Association. The couple is currently seeking additional partnerships to increase child health awareness.
- Election 2021: Georgia lawmakers brace for fight over mail-in voting
- 11 sources of comic relief in this already long new year
- These coronavirus variants are keeping scientists awake at night
- Risk of ADHD may increase if expectant mother has autoimmune disorder, study says
- This fossil reveals how dinosaurs peed, pooped and had sex
- Boil water advisory in effect for south Rockdale
- Rockdale County Sheriff's Office mourning death of Sgt. Willie Williams Jr.
- Parler's website is back online with a brief message to 'lovers and haters'
- Ice skating rink at Legion Field in Covington enjoyed by residents and visitors
- Brian Frix promoted to Conyers Director of Public Works and Transportation; Brad Sutton named Chief of Operations
- Newton County Jail Blotter
- Remembering a hero: First aircraft carrier named after Black WWII sailor
- Rockdale Department of Transportation seeks feedback from the community about proposed Courtesy Parkway Extension
- Conyers memorializing portion of Milstead Avenue as 'Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Avenue'
- Conyers-Rockdale Economic Development Council appoints Sherri Washington as vice chair
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.