Melissa 'Annette' Baxter, age 73 of Conyers, died Friday, June 19, 2020. She was preceded in death by her parents, Radford and Shirley Jackson. She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Jeff and Heidi Baxter; grandchildren, A.J. Baxter, Ty Baxter, and Mark Baxter; sister and brother-in-law, Susan and Mike Brantley; brother and sister-in-law, Barry and Ruby Ann Jackson; several nieces and nephews. Ms. Baxter was a member of First Baptist Church of Conyers. She retired from BioLab after a long career. Annette was an avid birdwatcher and enjoyed unusual birdhouses. Private family services will be held Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11 a.m. at Scot Ward's Green Meadow Chapel with Pastor Howard Greer officiating; interment will follow at 2 p.m. at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Newnan. The private service from our chapel will be streamed live as a complimentary service. Those desiring may make contributions to First Baptist Church of Conyers, 2100 Highway 138 NE, Conyers, GA 30013. Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Rd., Conyers, GA, 770-483-7216.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Draw and Upload your Favorite Troll by July 20th for a chance to win a Troll World Tour Prize Pack. You can also mail your Troll drawing to: TROLLSROCKDALE C/O GDP P.O. Box 603, Lawrenceville GA 30046. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and rest…
- Imagine being forced to live with your boss. That's the case for nearly 400,000 women in Hong Kong
- Big Ten to only contest conference games for 2020 fall sports because of COVID-19
- Medics are down to their last defense with coronavirus swamping their town
- Black California man found hanging from a tree died of suicide, officials say
- Rockdale County, Salem football teams hold first week of summer workouts
- Newton BOE approves new school calendar, discusses return-to-school options
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issues statewide emergency order amid Atlanta violence
- Information on shooting at July 4-5 party that wounded several people being sought by Rockdale County Sheriff's Office
- Newton County Judicial Center renamed in honor of Judge Horace Johnson
- Death of Judge Horace Johnson leaves void in community
- City of Conyers announces proposed tax increase
- RCSO Dep. Steven Minor remembered by community with procession Monday morning
- Rep. Dickerson announces groundbreaking of high mast lighting project in Rockdale County
- Rockdale County Commission Chair Oz Nesbitt says threats caused him to order the Confederate monument in Conyers removed
- Conyers native Jake Oliver is making a name for himself as one of the state's top skeet shooters