Ernest (Ernie) L. Davis, age73, of Lithonia, passed away June14, 2020. He was preceded in death by his parents, Raymond and Mae Davis; sisters, Catherine Turner and Pat Vetten; brothers, Jimmy and Bill Davis; Grandson, Dustin Lowe; and mother-in-law, Frances Mullins. Surviving are his loving and devoted wife of 56 years, Teresa Patterson Davis; daughter, Shelby (George) McKinley; sons, Arnie (Re'Ney) Davis and Eddie (Tiffany) Davis; grandchildren, Michael (Jami) Lowe, Bryce, Emily, Chris, and Blake Davis; great-grandchildren, D.J., Presley and Bentley; sister, Evelyn (Lenny) Hyrns; brother, Raymond Davis; nieces, nephews and many special friends. Ernie worked in the construction business for over 55 years. He was an avid sports fan, enjoying the Braves, Falcons, Bulldogs, and NASCAR. Ernie coached Little League Baseball, Softball and Football at Browns Mill Park in Lithonia and Rockdale Youth Football in Conyers. He also umpired Little League Baseball and Softball in Rockdale and Newton counties. Ernie was always a loving family man and will be missed by everyone. A funeral service will be held 2 o'clock, Wednesday, June 17, in the chapel of Henry Funeral Home with Pastor Todd Heil officiating. The interment will follow at Fairview Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 12:30 - 2:00 prior to the service at the funeral home.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Draw and Upload your Favorite Troll by July 20th for a chance to win a Troll World Tour Prize Pack. You can also mail your Troll drawing to: TROLLSROCKDALE C/O GDP P.O. Box 603, Lawrenceville GA 30046. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and rest…
- Japan announces plans for new stealth fighter as US approves sale of F-35 jets
- Chinese officials warn of 'unknown pneumonia' in Kazakhstan that is deadlier than coronavirus
- What we know about coronavirus risks to school age children
- Coronavirus pandemic: Updates from around the world
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against long-term care facility over staffer's Covid-19 death
- Newton BOE approves new school calendar, discusses return-to-school options
- Sons of Confederate Veterans file restraining order and complaint against Rockdale over removal of Confederate monument
- Woman shot Wednesday night on White Birch Drive has died; Sheriff's Office seeking answers
- Information on shooting at July 4-5 party that wounded several people being sought by Rockdale County Sheriff's Office
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issues statewide emergency order amid Atlanta violence
- Newton County Judicial Center renamed in honor of Judge Horace Johnson
- RCSO Dep. Steven Minor remembered by community with procession Monday morning
- Rep. Dickerson announces groundbreaking of high mast lighting project in Rockdale County
- Covington City Council approves spending up to $1 million to pave portions of the Cricket Frog Trail inside city limits
- Death of Judge Horace Johnson leaves void in community