Mildred Virginia Anthony, age 98 of Conyers, died Thursday, June 11, 2020. She was preceded in death by her husband, Paul A. 'Buddy' Anthony; parents, Mann and Buena Ferrell; and daughter-in-law, Bobbye Glynn Hoppe Anthony. She is survived by her son, Alan Anthony, Saint Augustine, FL; granddaughter and husband, Laura Elizabeth and Daniel Meisler, Ann Arbor, MI; great-granddaughters, Sylvia Ann Meisler and Paula Glynn Meisler. Mrs. Anthony was the youngest of nine children and known as Minga to her loved ones. She was a very active member of Conyers Presbyterian Church and a member of the Pilot Club for 40 years. Funeral Services will be held Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 3 p.m. at Scot Ward's Green Meadow Chapel with Rev. Kevin Hicks officiating; interment will follow at Green Meadow Memorial Gardens. Family will receive friends from 1 until 3 p.m. prior to the service at the funeral home. If you wish to memorialize instead of sending flowers, contributions may be made to Conyers Presbyterian Church, 911 N. Main Street, Conyers, GA 30012. Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Rd., Conyers, GA, 770-483-7216.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Draw and Upload your Favorite Troll by July 20th for a chance to win a Troll World Tour Prize Pack. You can also mail your Troll drawing to: TROLLSROCKDALE C/O GDP P.O. Box 603, Lawrenceville GA 30046. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and rest…
- Oregon woman has battled coronavirus symptoms since March
- Bill Nye breaks down the reason why we should all wear a face mask
- Walk of Heroes Veterans War Memorial holds unveiling of restored centerpiece
- Conyers City Council holding a summer retreat this weekend
- Five arrested in connection with fatal shooting of rapper Pop Smoke, police say
- Newton BOE approves new school calendar, discusses return-to-school options
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issues statewide emergency order amid Atlanta violence
- Information on shooting at July 4-5 party that wounded several people being sought by Rockdale County Sheriff's Office
- Death of Judge Horace Johnson leaves void in community
- Newton County Judicial Center renamed in honor of Judge Horace Johnson
- City of Conyers announces proposed tax increase
- RCSO Dep. Steven Minor remembered by community with procession Monday morning
- Rockdale County Commission Chair Oz Nesbitt says threats caused him to order the Confederate monument in Conyers removed
- Rep. Dickerson announces groundbreaking of high mast lighting project in Rockdale County
- Conyers native Jake Oliver is making a name for himself as one of the state's top skeet shooters