Conyers, GA Minnie Vandora Orr, age 82 of Conyers, died Wednesday, August 5, 2020. She was preceded by her husband, John A. Orr, Sr.; parents, Luther and Wessie Anne Landress. She is survived by her daughter, Janet Henry (Fred); son, Jimmy Cole (Sherry); son, John Orr, Jr. (Mary); daughter, Mary Plunkett (Chad); grandchildren, Ashley Frey, Tara Womac, Blake Cole, Brandon Cole, Jack Orr, Ellie Plunkett, Ben Plunkett; great-grandchildren, Kailagh Womac, Payton Womac, Charleigh Frey, Caleb Cole, Connor Cole, Mason Cole, Eli Cole; great-great-grandchildren, Blakeleigh Stewart, Rhyan Stewart; brother, Ronald Landress. Dodie was a member of First Baptist Church Conyers and served as a greeter; she was very involved within the church. She was a part of the Singing Saints and the Silver Sneakers Club. In lieu of flowers, those who wish to do so, may make donations to First Baptist Conyers, 2100 HWY 138 NE, Conyers Ga., 30013. There will be a private graveside service held. Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Rd., Conyers, GA, 770-483-7216.
- Spring break could be a perfect storm for spreading coronavirus variants. Don't let that happen
- The emotional catharsis of 'Wandavision' in a year of grief
- Good morning! It's Saturday, March 6, 2021.
- At least 6 people hospitalized after a natural gas explosion and fire in Texas
- 'We're walking into the mouth of the monster' by loosening Covid-19 restrictions, expert says
- Pancake puffs make a sweet treat at any time of the day
- ELDER: The Lord is able to make us new
- Rockdale announces plans for virtual, in-person instruction next school year
- Publix will anchor Town Center mixed-use development in Covington
- Covington police recover stolen U-Haul containing family's belongings, ashes of their son
- Teen girl shot at party Saturday night
- Is Rockdale County becoming a townhouse community?
- One man charged in Valentine's Day shooting
- Newton Solid Waste Authority increases landfill, convenience center fees
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
President Biden has been in office for over a month now. How do you think he has been handling his job so far? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.