Mrs. Helen Davis Greene, age 82, of Oxford passed away Saturday, June 27, 2020. She was born August 24, 1937 in Porterdale to Joe H. and Evelyn Parr Davis who have preceded her in death. Mrs. Greene was a former member of Salem United Methodist Church, she attended Christian Fellowship Church, and most recently she attended Central Community Church. She worked for Sears and Roebuck in Atlanta, and then at Sinclair Refining Company where she met the love of her life Mr. Jack L. Greene. Mrs. Greene was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, sister, and friend. She enjoyed watching TV and movies, she was an exceptional bowler, she enjoyed fishing and was an avid reader. Mrs. Greene is survived by her husband of 59 years Mr. Jack L. Greene, Sr her children Daria D. Taylor and Jerry of Covington, Vicki Greene Ogletree and Tim of Monroe, and Jack L. Greene, Jr and Misty of Social Circle her grandchildren Trent, Morgan, Jana, Devin, Jaicee, Emma, Blake, and Chrissy her great grandchildren Gabe, Alsea, Lorelei, and River along with her brother Royce Davis, her sister Julie Johnston, and a host of other family and close friends. Funeral services for Mrs. Greene will be held at 2 o'clock Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at the Chapel of J.C. Harwell and Son Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Oxford Historical Cemetery. The family will receive friend on Monday, June 29, 2020 from 6:00pm until 8:00pm at the funeral home. Due to the recent Covid 19/Coronavirus Pandemic, if you do not feel comfortable attending either the visitation or the funeral service the family fully understands and appreciates your thoughts and prayers. An online condolence may be left at Mrs. Greene's obituary at www.harwellfuneralhome.com
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Draw and Upload your Favorite Troll by July 20th for a chance to win a Troll World Tour Prize Pack. You can also mail your Troll drawing to: TROLLSROCKDALE C/O GDP P.O. Box 603, Lawrenceville GA 30046. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and rest…
- Newton Commissioners vote to remove Confederate monument from Historic Covington Square
- World's population likely to shrink after 50 years
- Squirrel tests positive for bubonic plague in Colorado, health officials warn
- A nursing home in England recreates famous album covers using its residents as models
- An alligator slammed into the side of a kayak, tipping the boater into the river
- Rockdale County High community mourning death of head football coach Jamie Baldwin
- Sons of Confederate Veterans files restraining order and complaint against Rockdale over removal of Confederate monument
- Beloved Rockdale County head coach Jamie Baldwin's sudden death sends shockwaves through community
- Woman shot Wednesday night on White Birch Drive has died; Sheriff's Office seeking answers
- Newton BOE approves new school calendar, discusses return-to-school options
- Information on shooting at July 4-5 party that wounded several people being sought by Rockdale County Sheriff's Office
- Newton County pays tribute to Judge Horace J. Johnson Jr.
- Newton County Judicial Center renamed in honor of Judge Horace Johnson
- Rep. Dickerson announces groundbreaking of high mast lighting project in Rockdale County
- Heritage's Sade Harrell pledges commitment to HBCU powerhouse Bethune-Cookman