Rayma Carolyn Hensley, age 88 of Conyers, died Wednesday, June 17, 2020. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ernest Albert Hensley, Jr. and parents, Remer and Mary Tyson. She is survived by her daughters and sons-in-law, Lynn and Roy Wilcox, Wanda and James Wiseman, Debra and Chris McAdams, all of Conyers; grandchildren, Jeremy (Cailey) Wilcox, Matthew Wilcox, Erin (Alex) Hansen, Thomas (Kathleen) Wiseman, Rebecca (Graham) Denio , Christopher (Kristen) McAdams, Kelsey McAdams; great-grandchildren, Harper Hansen, Lucas Hansen, Brooklyn Wilcox, Graham Denio, Jr., Jeremiah Denio, Piper Robinson; brother and sister-in-law, Remer (Ginny) Tyson; sister and brother-in-law, Kay (Ray) Hart; several nieces and nephews. Rayma spent her life focusing on her Lord Jesus and His many blessings in her life. She was a devoted and loving mother, grandmother and friend. She had a heart for people and developed many relationships through her hospitality and prayers. The quotes she lived by have been 'I am never alone'; 'God is with me'; 'I am blessed'; and 'Don't quit!' She will be deeply missed by her family and friends. Mrs. Hensley was a member of Zion Baptist Church. She was a teacher with Rockdale County Public Schools. Funeral Services will be held Friday, June 19, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at Zion Baptist Church with Pastor Jason Solomon and Rev. Frank Daws officiating; interment will follow at 4:30 p.m. at Westover Memorial Park, Augusta. Mrs. Hensley will lie in state from 10:00 until 11:00 a.m. prior to the service at the church. The family will receive friends Thursday, June 18, 2020 from 2:00 until 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, those desiring may make contributions to Zion Baptist Church Building Fund, 7037 Highway 212 N, Covington, GA 30016. Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Rd., Conyers, GA, 770-483-7216.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Draw and Upload your Favorite Troll by July 20th for a chance to win a Troll World Tour Prize Pack. You can also mail your Troll drawing to: TROLLSROCKDALE C/O GDP P.O. Box 603, Lawrenceville GA 30046. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and rest…
- Imagine being forced to live with your boss. That's the case for nearly 400,000 women in Hong Kong
- Big Ten to only contest conference games for 2020 fall sports because of COVID-19
- Medics are down to their last defense with coronavirus swamping their town
- Black California man found hanging from a tree died of suicide, officials say
- Rockdale County, Salem football teams hold first week of summer workouts
- Newton BOE approves new school calendar, discusses return-to-school options
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issues statewide emergency order amid Atlanta violence
- Information on shooting at July 4-5 party that wounded several people being sought by Rockdale County Sheriff's Office
- Newton County Judicial Center renamed in honor of Judge Horace Johnson
- Death of Judge Horace Johnson leaves void in community
- City of Conyers announces proposed tax increase
- RCSO Dep. Steven Minor remembered by community with procession Monday morning
- Rep. Dickerson announces groundbreaking of high mast lighting project in Rockdale County
- Rockdale County Commission Chair Oz Nesbitt says threats caused him to order the Confederate monument in Conyers removed
- Conyers native Jake Oliver is making a name for himself as one of the state's top skeet shooters