Rowena "Connie" Lund
Rowena "Connie" Lund of Oxford, Georgia, passed away Monday, March 16, 2020, at the age of 93. Mrs. Lund was a native of Hopewell, Virginia, and after marriage, she and her husband put down roots in first Danville and then Richmond, Virginia. After moving to Oxford, she became a faithful member of Covington First United Methodist Church.
Mrs. Lund was a true Southern lady with a sassy sense of humor and a twinkle in her eye. She was the life of the party with a smile that lit up the room. Mrs. Lund was a second mother to many, and she loved her family and friends deeply.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years, George J. Lund; parents, Charles and Myrtie Connelly; sisters, Jewell Gammon, Dorcas Simmons, Elva Stephenson, Melva Moyer; brothers, Tilman Connelly, Charles Connelly.
Survivors include her daughters, Patrice Lund Sumrell and husband, Don, Frances Lund Redick and husband, Craig; grandchildren, Clay Sumrell, Eric Sumrell and wife, Sara; great-grandchildren, Madison Sumrell, Mackenzie Sumrell; brother and sister-in-law, Clifton and Helen Connelly; as well as numerous beloved nieces and nephews.
A Memorial Service for Mrs. Lund will be scheduled at a later date due to current events.
To plant a tree in memory of Rowena Lund as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- 5 things to know for November 27: Covid-19, Flynn, election, Turkey, Venezuela
- You cooked for 20 and fed 6 people. What to do with all of those leftovers
- Neanderthals may have used their hands differently from humans
- This therapist fights online toxicity, one TikTok video at a time
- Good morning! It's Friday, November 27, 2020.
- Baggett expresses concern about lack of respect for police; Cotton says nonviolent offenders may soon find themselves in jail
- Georgia high school teacher, coach charged in sexual assault of a student
- Students, staff members at Veterans Memorial under quarantine
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp makes record-breaking announcement at Bridgestone in Covington
- Crowds brave cold and coronavirus to turn out for Covington's Lighting of the Square
- Man broke into Alabama Circle K; drank milk, ate protein bars before getting caught while smoking a cigarette
- Four locals named to Atlanta Tipoff Club's All-Metro Watch List
- Property tax relief effort underway in Rockdale
- Gary Washington appointed associate judge of Rockdale Probate Court
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter