Conyers, GA Sonjia Kay Andrews passed away on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at the age of 79. She was preceded in death by her mother, Dorothy Anderson Garner; sister, Roxanne Garner Patterson. She is survived by her husband of 61 years, George A. Andrews, Sr.; daughter, Rebecca Getts; sons, George Andrews, Jr., Chris Andrews; grandchildren, Stephanie, Kimberley, Zach, Bryce, Courtney, Abby, Ava, Coleman; great-grandchildren, Vann, Emberlee, Vince, Matthew, Ryan, Nora, Oliver, Cory. Sonjia lived in Conyers and attended Gateway Community Church where she in recent years was a librarian. She loved to teach Children's Sunday School, to read and most of all she loved the Lord. A celebration of life will be held in Sonjia's honor at a later date. In lieu of flowers, those desiring to do so, may make a contribution to Compassion International (compassion.com) or The Refuge Center (refugeconyers.org). Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Road, Conyers, GA 30012, 770-483-7216.
- This 5-year-old wrote a book to help kids battle the stress of the coronavirus pandemic
- Colorado's East Troublesome Fire is growing rapidly and forcing evacuations
- Strengthen your knees with this 5-minute workout
- The film and TV industry has got Black characters wrong for decades. Meet the Black British creatives rewriting the script.
- Breaking up in the time of Covid-19 brings new challenges
- Monkeys filmed working together to save a juvenile from a Boa constrictor
- New state record blue catfish caught in Stewart County
- Feur de Lolly: A cheap, delicious meal using canned salmon
- Sheriff Brown denies allegations of campaign violations
- Conyers Chief Operating Officer David Spann announces retirement
- Golden State Foods to hold virtual job fair to fill more than 100 jobs
- Former star football player from Lithonia arrested in Indiana on rape and battery charges
- ELDER: Submit to God and His word to discern the truth
- TSPLOST on Nov. 3 ballot in Newton County
- Newton commissioners ask judge to decide back pay issue for Chairman Banes, Judge Bell