Conyers, GA William Charles Smith, age 89 of Conyers, died Sunday, February 14, 2021. He is preceded in death by his parents, David Olin and Hattie Mae Duke Smith; sister, Marian Norton. He is survived by his daughter, Cheryl Smith; sons and daughters-in-law, Mark and Kerri Smith, Scott and Janelle Smith; daughter and son-in-law, Lita and David Parks; sons, Loren Smith, Lance Smith; grandchildren, Kaleb, Cameron, Corey, Keeli; great-grandchildren, Silas, Shep, Sully, Averly Jo; sisters and brother-in-law, Frances Cameron, Ann MacCarthy, Kathryn and Rev. James West. Charles was a life long resident of Rockdale County and was a member of the Rockdale Chamber of Commerce, President of Kiwanis Club, a member of Rockdale Baptist Church and the American Legion Post 77. He was a well-known business owner of Conyers Insurance Agency. Charles proudly served in the United States Army during the Korean War. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM at Rockdale Baptist Church with Rev. Billy Moss officiating; interment will follow at Green Meadow Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends Tuesday, February 16, 2021 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the funeral home and Wednesday, February 17, 2021 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the church prior to the service. Condolences may be submitted on-line at www.scotward.com. Scot Ward Funeral Services, 699 American Legion Rd., Conyers, GA, 770-483-7216.
- India was in crisis months ago. Why have its Covid cases plummeted?
- The Florida official who set up a vaccine site for affluent ZIP codes and created a VIP list is under investigation, sheriff's office says
- Homers by Corey Collins, Riley King power Georgia Bulldogs past Georgia State
- Five things science has told us about cryptocurrency
- Lloyd Austin Fast Facts
- Newton County's embattled coroner asks county to pay her legal fees
- Walton County woman charged with setting her house on fire
- Conyers adopts ordinance prohibiting urban camping
- Covington City Council approves amendment allowing 275 townhomes at Covington Town Center
- Coroner hires attorney, asks Newton County to pay legal fees
- Man kills wife then shoots Dallas officers who responded to call, police chief says
- Rockdale County Jail Blotter
- Jail fees charged to city of Conyers to increase
- Georgia teachers likely next in line to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Chemicals in plastics damage babies' brains and must be banned immediately, expert group says
After you bake a pan of brownies and cut them, which piece is the best piece to get? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.